What does it take to become a volunteer at Derby Child Contact Centre?
Simply put, without our wonderful volunteers we cannot exist as a charity entity.
Our volunteers help support visiting families to create our safe-space environment, representing the interests and welfare of all parents and children in attendance.
• They keep the register, which records attendance and times of arrival and departure.
• They run the snack bar.
• Set out toys and equipment, manage Covid bubbles, Track and Trace logging and keeping our space happy and healthy.
• They do the ‘hand-over’ of a child from one parent to the other
• They can help the first meeting between child and parent to go smoothly, if necessary.
They listen sympathetically –
• They do not offer opinions or advice;
• They do not have access to personal information, so they don’t know your history;
• They cannot tell you when your next booking is;
• They will take messages, but are not responsible for informing the other person if you are unable to attend.
We are always looking for new volunteers. If you think you might be interested, or would like to know more, please ring 01332 298130